Sunday, December 12, 2010

How Weather Affects Your Mood

The sunny weather makes me want to be outside and awake. However, sometimes when it is extremely hot I feel irritable and wish I could just be in a pool all day. In contrast, cloudy weather is the complete opposite. When it is cloudy, everything looks gray and dark. Because of this I too feel gloomy. I feel like being inside the house and sleeping all day. The nature outside doesn't seem to be awake and thus I end up feeling sleepy. On rainy days the drops of water make a splish splashy sound. Sometimes, not always, this makes me want to go outside and play in the rain. I want to feel the rain on my skin. Other times it makes me want to stay inside and stay warm under a blanket. When the weather forecast is heavy winds I sometimes feel like being outside just to feel the wind move through my hair. Other times, since I see the trees almost in a wrestling battle with the wind, I feel like staying safe inside my house where everything is peaceful and calm. I don't necessarily feel these ways every time the weather changes.Moods generally have either a positive or negative valence. In other words, people typically speak of being in a good mood or a bad mood. I do believe that when the weather is cold or rainy, most people feel mad, sad, or depressed. When the weather is good, such as warm or no too cold, people tend to be more in a good mood because they get to do more things and they can enjoy the outdoors.

4 comments:

  1. I feel the exact same way as you, sin can make me want to go out but it can also make me feel hot. I understand girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel the same way too, except for the wind part.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know what you mean this weather has been crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You seem kinda picky about the weather you like. It could be hot but not too hot. It could be raining so you can play but its too cold. I agree with what your saying though but at the same time the weather can just add on to the mood your already in.

    ReplyDelete